Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

Yesterday Once More


The first time I've heard about this duet was way back the time when I was still a sec school student. I was watching a Taiwanese entertaiment programme and Fann Wong (王菲) sang a song by Carpenters. I was really attracted to the song itself and even bought a cassette entitled "Carpenters Gold". I like almost every song in that album and the voice of Karen Carpenter was amazing. Too bad she died at age of 32, during her peak of music career due to anorexia nervosa. i think it could be attributed to the low public awareness of this disease at that time. Karen's death brought media attention to this potentially deadly disease. Her family also established the "Karen A. Carpenter Memorial Foundation," which raised money for research on anorexia nervosa and eating disorders.

My favourites: Only yesterday, I need to be in love, Touch me when we dancing etc

This is the official website of Carpenters, maintained by Richard Carpenter (brother of Karen).
http://www.richardandkarencarpenter.com/

1 Comment:

  1. Su Xuan said...
    Nice songs...
    你果然是那个年代的人,哈哈。。。

Post a Comment